Denny's Home World

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 25 April 2013

Watchtower Library text is all squares with Wine

Posted on 10:40 by Unknown

If you are a Linux user like myself, and you use Wine to run the Watchtower Library, then you may get boxes instead of text.

This can be easily solved, and since I get this question a lot, I thought I would post my solution here.

Start the Watchtower Library, and look for an option to the top left that says "Library". Click Library, and then choose "Properties" as shown in the picture below:

(You can click on the picture to make it larger) 

Once you choose Properties, you will get a box that looks like this:

                                      (You can click on this picture as well to make it larger)

Change the text option under "Item" to another type of text. Then hit the OK button on the bottom of the properties box.

If the squares went away, you have successfully solved this problem.

If not, you will have to repeat these steps and make another text choice in the "Item" section.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Duck Duck Go search engine
    I found this while wading knee deep in an Ubuntu forum. Duck Duck Go is a search engine designed to have the minimalistic look of google, bu...
  • Debian Switches to Xfce
    "Debian, the foundation upon which many Linux distributions, including Ubuntu, are based, is to switch to Xfce as its default desktop e...
  • 15 Web Alternatives to Popular Desktop Software
    I stumbled upon this in the most unlikely of places, StumbleUpon.com . All kidding aside, This article opened my eyes. I didn't realize ...
  • GIMP is no gimp!
    G.I.M.P. (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is an amazing piece of software. If you are interested in photo editing, artwork, advertisement or...
  • Windows Really Good Edition
    While rummaging through the internet, I found this quirky website:  http://www.deanliou.com/WinRG/WinRG2.htm If you miss the days of Win 95,...
  • Watchtower Library text is all squares with Wine
    If you are a Linux user like myself, and you use Wine to run the Watchtower Library, then you may get boxes instead of text. This can be eas...
  • IrfanView Image viewer and editor
    Irfanview is my favorite image editor and viewer because of it's speed of use (by user) and many many formats it can use. I also love th...
  • Clonezilla, the hard drive cloning tool
    Clonezilla  is a partition and disk imaging, or "cloning" program akin to Norton Ghost. I started digging into using something lik...
  • Openbox Rocks!
    When I fist installed and ran Openbox years ago, I thought it was way to simple for me. When you first start up Openbox, it's basically ...
  • Urukrama, your guide to Openbox
      I am forever not happy with my desktop. It seems I have to change it at least once a month. More often than not I find myself going back t...

Categories

  • 04
  • 12
  • IRC
  • Irssi
  • kernel
  • Menu
  • Ubuntu
  • update
  • upgrade
  • Whisker
  • XFCE
  • Xubuntu

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (44)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (8)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ▼  April (2)
      • Watchtower Library text is all squares with Wine
      • Thank you Trumpet Winsock
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2012 (32)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (6)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2011 (25)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (7)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2010 (14)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2009 (4)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  October (1)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile